Sydney Ports corporation has selected a preferred tenderer for the lease and operation of the third container terminal at Port Botany. The company in question has been advised and issued with provisional lease documents today.
Scheduled to be completed by 2012, the new terminal (T3) will be created as a result of reclamation work being undertaken by Sydney Ports Corporation near the existing Patrick and DP World terminals. The new facility will almost double Port Botany’s container handling capacity.
- Hutchison Ports, which has recently won the tender to operate Brisbane’s third terminal.
- DP World, which already operates one of the existing two terminals.
- AITC, or Australian International Container Terminals.
- Maersk Line’s parent company AP Moller-Maersk.
- PSA International (formerly Port of Singapore Authority).