- The Award for Excellence in Manufacturing Supply Chains, presented by The Australasian Production Inventory Control Society (APICS).
- The Award for Excellence in Supply Chain Management and Distribution, presented by the Logistics Association of Australia (LAA).
- The Award for Excellence in Transport and Logistics, presented by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA).
- The Award for Excellence in Procurement, presented by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply – Australia (CIPSA).
- The Award for Excellence in Supply Chain Innovation in NSW, presented by the Department of State and Regional Development (NSW).
New Innovation Award Category for Smart 2009 Awards
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 13 MARCH 2009
Organisers of the prestigious Smart 2009 Awards have announced a new category will be included in this year’s program, the Award for Excellence in Supply Chain Innovation in NSW, presented by the Department of State and Regional Development (NSW).
The new award is seeking examples of supply chain innovation ‘at work’. It is an invitation for supply chain and transport and logistics industry managers in NSW to showcase and promote the leading practices and innovative approaches that deliver positive results to their supply chains.
"The NSW Government is looking to improve supply chain efficiencies, and is supporting this new award category in Smart’s leading awards program to acknowledge the innovations currently being implemented across the state," said NSW Minister for State Development Ian Macdonald.
The only awards program for the supply chain and logistics sector to be judged by leading industry associations, the Smart 2009 Awards will recognise excellence through a prestigious, peer-reviewed awards program. Winners will be announced at the Smart Supply Chain Industry Dinner on Thursday 11 June 2009 in Sydney.
The Smart 2009 Awards will consist of five categories:
The awards are open to any Australian company meeting the entry criteria. Entries close 13 March 2009. For more information, please visit http://www.smartconference.com.au/.
About Smart Conference
Smart 2009 Conference is organised by a committee of independent advisors and representatives from leading industry associations: Logistics Association of Australia (LAA), apics (Australasian Production and Inventory Control Society), Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Australia (CIPSA) and The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Australia (CILTA).