The Fundamentals of Warehouse Management—Implemented in 45 Days
Even in smaller distribution operations, there are increasing pressures from customers and suppliers, as well as time-consuming manual processes, which can stifle your ability to compete. Running your facility without technology—or with dated applications—can lead to inaccurate information, high labour costs, slow fulfilment and an inability to quickly adapt to changing customer demands. You must find a way to optimise your distribution operations without wiping out your budget and slowing down your operations amid a long implementation. Leveraging technology must benefit your operation now, yet support future growth and change.
Forward-thinking small and mid-sized companies are leaving behind paper-based processes and legacy systems and turning to best-of-breed warehouse management systems (WMS) to run distribution more efficiently and support growth. The HighJump™ Warehouse Advantage-45 solution is designed specifically for smaller wholesale distribution operations and the particular needs and challenges that they face.
Warehouse Management Benefits for Small Businesses
HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45 delivers key warehouse management functionality with the benefits of rapid implementation and a flexible pricing structure. Equipping your facility with a WMS delivers continuous benefits, including tracking and visibility into inbound orders, accurate receiving, precise put-away, rapid picking, shipping and replenishment.
Your business may not require a plehtora of complex warehouse management features when making the transition to an automated system. An overabundance of features too soon can lengthen deployment timeframes and fail to deliver the expected value. HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45 delivers just the solution set you need to run your business and acclimate to a system. When you are ready, HighJump Software can help you leverage more complex warehouse management capabilities.
HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45 Features and what they mean for you
- Tracking and visibility of inbound orders: Eliminate manual, error-prone processes by interfacing directly with your host system.
- Receiving: Automatically validate receipts against orders, assuring inbound accuracy.
- Directed put-away: Ensure the right materials are put away in the right location, increasing inventory accuracy and reducing warehouse traffic. Materials can be put away using a variety of algorithm choices, including FIFO and LIFO.
- Picking: Improve picking whether you pick by order, batch or label. Strengthen customer service with higher order accuracy and improve workforce productivity by minimising time spent searching for material.
- Packing/shipping: Coordinate packing and shipping processes to increase fill rates and cut preparation time for shipping documents and ship confirmations.
- Replenishment: Replenish materials automatically so associates have sufficient inventory to fill orders, and short-shipped orders are minimised.
- Inventory control: Achieve up to 99+ percent inventory accuracy, visibility and traceability.
- Real-time online visibility tools: Make strong decisions with insight into key metrics. The system captures every transaction in the warehouse and presents operational information in a meaningful, clear, Web-based manner.
- Web Development Tool: Edit and create pages quickly and easily so users see information in the terminology and format to which they are accustomed.
Up and Running in 45 Days
While standard warehouse management implementations can extend for many months, HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45 is designed for swift deployment, which means you begin to see the benefits quickly. And, because you may not have a devoted team of system administrators, HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45 is easy to maintain, with all features supported by HighJump Software’s detailed 45-business day implementation playbook and user guide.
HighJump Software: Your Trusted Partner for Future Growth
With HighJump Warehouse Advantage-45, additional HighJump solutions are simply built onto your existing foundation without the need to engage with a new vendor. If, in the future, your warehousing needs become more complex, you can add functionality or modules from the HighJump Supply Chain Advantage suite.
For further information please contact Eric Broodryk at 3M Australia:
Phone: +61 2 9498 9190
or visit our website: www.3msupplychainsolutions.com